Thursday, March 26, 2015

What T Whispered To Me

I saw T today.  She's a lady who is about the same age as my mom.  I've known her for years.  But today was the first time I've been around her in quite a while.

While I was walking through a crowded room that was filled with people, our eyes met.  T hugged me, leaned in, and whispered these words into my ear:  "David, life is short.  Just love your wife and love your kids."  I responded, "Yes ma'am, I sure will."  Then she smiled and told me it was great to see me again.  The whole conversation lasted under one minute.  And it was powerful.

It was a good reminder for me.  Time flies by.  James 4:14 tells us life is "a vapor that appears for a while and then vanishes away."  So, with these years I have, I am to love my God, love my wife, and love my kids.

Family does matter.  It's a big deal.  And it deserves attention, effort, and loyalty.

This is true for all of us, married guys.  Life really is short.  Let's love our wives and our kids.  That always needs to be high on our list of priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment