Friday, January 24, 2014

I'm Kind Of A Big Deal


Look ... um ... I'm kind of a big deal.

Ok, let me explain.

See, that's been my joke since the lady in our school's office gave me this red I.D. badge holder that I wear around my neck at work every day.  I didn't realize at first that the letters "VIP" are all over it.  As you know, that's short for "Very Important Person".  Of course, I've had some fun kidding around with folks about that.

No, in the eyes of man, I'm not a big deal.  Just an ordinary guy with strengths and weaknesses like any other fellow on the planet.  That's what I am.

But I've come to realize that in the eyes of God, I am kind of a big deal.  And so are you.  We all are very important to Him.  

Think about it:  God chose to create us.  God looks out for us and takes care of us.  God sent His Son, Jesus, to rescue us from sin and Hell.  God is preparing a place for us in Heaven.  And God will one day welcome us home to spend eternity with Him.  That's more than enough iron-clad proof that we are VIP's.

So yeah, my I.D. badge holder is accurate.  I am a very important person ... to God.  And you are a very important person to Him as well.  How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment