Friday, December 6, 2013

Sin

Take a look at this word:  sin .

What letter is at the center of the word?  I .

 When we sin, we are selfish.  The only person we are thinking about is ourselves.  Me, myself, and I.  That's our only focus when we do wrong.

When we are tempted to sin, we would be wise to think about the following...

How will this sin affect God and His work?

How will this sin affect my family? 

How will this sin affect my friends?  

How will this sin affect the church?  

How will this sin affect people who look up to me?  

How will this sin affect people who have supported and helped me?

The point is obvious:  we must consider how our sin would affect the cause of Christ and the well-being of others before we do something foolish and wrong.

I'm learning that life is not about me, myself, and I.  And friend, life is not about you either.  Life is about living for God and being a blessing to other people.  There's no room for selfishness in that.

May God help us to get over ourselves.  And may God help us to look upward and outward rather than always inward.  When this happens, we will be more likely to make wise choices instead taking selfish, destructive steps in the wrong direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment